3CX Phone System for Windows is a Windows-based software that works with the SIP standard based on IP phones. Used by more than 30,000 companies worldwide, 3CX is known for its technology and innovation. 3CX includes clients for smartphones, Macs and laptops. Using this software, you can send and receive VIP calls in Windows environment.
Features and specifications of 3CX Phone System software:
- Easy installation and management via web-based configuration interface
- Improved productivity, desktop-based call control and development management
- No need for separate telephone wiring, use of computer networks
- Provide mobility by allowing employees to work from home using a remote format
- Choose between popular hardware or software IP phones
- Receive and make calls via standard PSTN, using VoIP cards
- Save on monthly call costs using SIP, VoIP providers or Skype connection
- Set up calls over the phone's IP from a PC with CTI mode
- Easy to use and manage
- Use Google Contacts and Internal Phonebook
- Set up calls from CRM
- Convert caller ID to customer name
- Detailed reports on customer activities
- Show the presence of colleagues
- Drag and drop calls for fast transfer
The following Windows platforms are supported:
- Windows 10 (Pro, Enterprise)
- Windows Server 2016 (Standard, Datacenter)
- Windows Server 2019 (Standard, Datacenter)
Your machine or VM needs at least one (1) CPU core and one (1) GB of RAM.
- Number of simultaneous calls the system handles.
- Number of active users - 100 Web Client active sessions is more demanding than 100 occasional calls via IP phones.
- Call recording use - stresses the system for audio mixing and file storage.
Supported VM Platforms
3CX is tested and supported to run as a Virtual Machine on these hypervisor platforms:
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.X and above.
- Microsoft HyperV 2008 R2 and above
- Citrix XenServer 7.0 and above
Avoid using 3CX on converted VMs (P2V) due to possible timing issues, causing the guest OS to not sync with the hypervisor's timer.
Network, Firewall & Other Requirements
- LAN installs are supported on properly configured RFC 1918 private networks, ie 172.16.0.0 /10.0.0.0/192.168.0.0 IP range.
- The PBX needs to be configured with a dedicated public IP.
- Installing 3CX on a machine behind a NAT device requires port forwarding.
- Do not configure the 3CX host machine with a virtual network, VPN interface or the TeamViewer VPN option .
- Use the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Edge to access the 3CX Management Console.
- The 3CX host machine needs internet connectivity to
- activation.3cx.com and
- downloads.3cx.com/* on
port 443 (HTTPS) for activation, updates and other info.
- To send emails via the 3CX SMTP the machine needs to allow outbound TCP: 2528